Tuesday, March 25, 2008

same day, new recipe!

I have so many recipes to share its hard to stop at 1! So awhile back I was a hostess and server for a restaurant called McGraths Fish House in the Gateway. It turned out to be such a GREAT job for me (thank you Nathan Green for getting me this job!) and I loved the time spent there. Anyone that has been there has tried the amazing crab and artichoke dip they serve with garlic toast and sourdough bread. Well I have always had a recipe for crab/art dip I liked but nothing to compare to this!!! Well little did I know that a few years later I would have a boyfriend that ended up working there. I once mentioned it would be AWESOME to have the recipe and low and behold one day he found the recipe and copied it down!! WOOHOO!!! Welllllllll the recipe was at a restaurant size scale and I attempted to scale it back! Paul, PAT and Lindsey LOVED it but I didn't think it was QUITE like the stuff they made in the restaurant( I am my own worse critic!) SO here is the large recipe, I will let you scale it down... Seriously it is WORTH IT!!! also note it is NOT a figure friendly dish but its great to entertain with or if you are PMS'ing its a great source of OIL and FAT! lol! I am trusting your scaling down abilities because I don't trust mine!

McGraths Crab and Artichoke Dip
lb cream cheese
3 qt mayo
4 1/2 cup snow crab meat
3 qt shredded parm
1 galon can chopped artichoke hearts
1 qt diced yellow onions
1 qt diced celery
1 can strained diced red peppers
2 bunches diced green onions
6 TBLS Lemon juice
2 TBLS chopped garlic
1 1/2 Tsp tobasco

Soften cheam cheese in a mixing bowl. Gradually beat mayo into softened cream cheese. fold the remaining ingredients into the cream cheese. Bake in a 350 oven until golden brown and bubbly
Serve with french bread, garlic toast or crackers!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Is that first ingredient ONE lb of cream cheese? There's no "1" in front so I wanted to make sure. It doesn't seem like much cream cheese to mix with 3 qts of mayo. Thanks.